I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas and new years! I have been enjoying holidaying with my partner down in Dunedin at my family’s house. It has been very relaxing, filled with quiet walks, day-trips, preserves-making, gardening and I’ve even dipped my hand in at a little embroidery (possibly more on this to come infuture, it is very relaxing and hyggelig).
I haven’t really done the whole ‘new years resolution’ thing in years, but this year I was thinking a few goals to keep me focused may be good. They are mainly to be focused on mindfulness and my inner health and happiness.
- Read 20 books of any genre (this is going well so far, as I’ve just finished book #1 – Northern Lights by Phillip Pullman)
- Go for frequent walks in the evenings and weekends, do online yoga sessions in the evening to unwind
- Continue with mindfulness practices, like journalling, drawing and embroidery, trying to reduce mindless screen-time and make it productive
- Say ‘no’ to things I don’t want to do, especially in the work context
- Hike the Tongariro Crossing
- Eat a ‘back to basics’ diet with lots of wholefoods, fibre, fruit, nuts, etc. where possible
- Start the new work year with an updated capsule wardrobe (I have managed to find a lot of gems through second-hand shopping with my mum over the break, and hand-me-downs from my fashionable (and generous) younger sister), and wear these new fashionable clothes with confidence!
- Continue with my Spanish practice – aiming for 100 duolingo points a week (streak goals are too hard 😉 hehe)
As much as I would happily continue to be on holiday probably indefinitely, I am looking forward to getting stuck into some of these goals and working towards a content, happy and mindful self, that is well looked after and confident, in 2018.
Wishing you all lots of health & happiness for the year ahead!
Photos taken at Shag Point, Otago